Saturday, February 13, 2010

SHOES


I have always been the type to go cheap when purchasing any kind of shoes. It wasn't until about 2 years ago, that I learned that you need to take care of your feet. The doctor diagnoised me with Sesamoiditis on my left foot. Sesamoiditis is a common ailment that affects the forefoot, typically in young people who engage in physical activity like running or dancing. It is a form of Tendinitis. At this time is when I relized that I need to start taking care of my feet. So I finally broke down and baught my fist expensive pair of shoes, New Balance. I took them to the doctor where he placed in a special arch support to help with my Sesamoids. I had to wear these shoes for 6 months straight. And for future wear, to purchase more shoes that would correct my feet as I walk. In the meantime, I was thinking of the boys and how they go through shoes so fast. There for awhile I was buying shoes every 60 days for Ryan. Man, How can a little boy be so hard on shoes? Well, we purchased some Nikes and they lasted a good 8 months. It was time to purchase a new pair and this time Eddie picked out the set of Nikes. They lasted only 3 months. I indicated to him, we need to go back and purchse the same style we baught him the first time. So, we did $45.00 a pair. We just purchased them on January 17th and they are completely shot!!!!!!!! I spoke with a friend who does shoe repair and he said it would be a mininum of $15.00 just to look at them. Tammy you need to take them back and let the store know. So today, we drove to Sports Authority, handed the lady the box of VERY USED shoes and gave her my receipt. Eddie said, as she opened the box..."Mam, those shoes are less than 1 month old" She looks down and Ryan and says, WOW, you must be hard on shoes. Ryan said, No they just fell apart and I didn't do anything! The lady gladly exchanged them and this time we did not go with Nike, We baught Sketchers. They shoe is called the un-distructable shoe. I Love it. So, we will see how long these ones last. $50.00 later.

1 comment:

Hotshot's Wife said...

Shoes are expensive but we do need them. Thankfully Thomas is only outgrowing his shoes, he hasn't worn any out yet from heavy use. Ryan's wore out from all the running around he does :)
~~Auntie Patricia~~