Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Attack of Flowers

Arrived Tuesday morning to work to be greeting by 3 beautiful floral arrangements and the aroma of candles throughout the office. No special occassion. We sometimes like to dress the office up to have that relaxed sensation. Well, I was too embarrassed to tell anyone that I can NOT DO FLOWERS. I searched high and low for my allergy pills. I didn't have any at work. And I had $0 to my name to goto the store to buy any and there was no way I could escape to go home, because we were very busy that day. By 5pm I could barley breath. I said, "OK, guys the flowers and the candles have to GO! I can't breath. I put all the flowers on the front porch and blew out the candles!" I left for the day and seeked my allergy pills. I believe it was too late. Woke up the next morning and my voice was completely gone. The office still stunk! It wasn't until Thusrday that I made an emergency visit to Dr. Ricci my doctor. I explained to him what happened and he insisted that I make arrangements to have my allergies tested again. By then, it turned into an infection in my throat. For those of you who know my mom, her allergies are now so bad, she has to carry an epi-pen with her at all times. I was just hoping that this time for me would not come so soon. So, I am on a "Z" pak and Benedryl. Doctor said to prepare for a physical that will also include an allergy test. Oh, here we go again with all those needles. Have any of you had an allergy test before? Well about 8 years ago, I did. They make you stop taking your allergy medicine for 2 weeks, then they do this chart, scratch test on your back. Well, I passed that test. Then they put the 121 needles up and down my arms. That procedure was more painful. I also passed that test. Then they sent me to the Lab for bllod which they said was more accurate. If it is more accurate, then why didn't we start with the Lab? Go figure. Then there was the breathing test. Which they attempted 4 times and each time I failed that test. They put me on all kinds of pills, in which non of them worked. I never went back and I treated it my own way at home. Well this time, I will request a new Doctor. I am too young for this. LOL

1 comment:

Hotshot's Wife said...

I agree that even though candles smell good, there are very few that I can tolerate. I hope you feel better this weekend. It's gorgeous outside!!
~~Patricia~~