Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Preschool

Ryan is currently attending Ramona Lutheran Pre-school. There are many children in which he already knows who are in his classroom. The teacher's adore him. As you may already know this is Ryan's second attempt at a pre-school. The first pre-school kicked him out because he was a safety hazard. Ryan is really adjusting well here at Ramona Lutheran. I was quite shocked to receive a second bill from Ramona Lutheran for extended care. When totally the tuition and the extended care, the average monthly bill would be $694.00. This is way out of our budget. I immediately went to the manager and told her our delima. I explained to her that this is not what was explained to me. She suggested that I sumbit a request in reduction for monthly expenses. I went home and drafted my letter and sent it to them immediately. They would have to bring it up to the board for approval and it would be till October 15th. Well the 16th rolled around and I still hadn't heard from anyone so I called the office. Just what I thought, they turned me down. So I gave them a two weeks notice. It turned out that the teachers were not aware and that the manager took this into her own hands. I have since referred two people to that school and still have not received my credit. I have made arrangements for Ryan to attend Little People's effective November 1st. The school has since called to try to re-neogiate, but I have such a sour taste and trust issue that we are moving onto a different pre-school. With the school closed so many days, I would pay more out of my pocket for extended alternative day care and Eddie is loosing 10% pay effective January 1st. I think this decision is for the best. I just feel again for poor Ryan having to re-locate again. I can not tell you how excited I will be once he is in Kindgarten.

2 comments:

Hotshot's Wife said...

Uh Oh

Z-Mama said...

Poor little guy! That is sure frustrating since I usually hear nice things about that school. Hopefully Little People's will be perfect.